Colaboration → your kids can help you
- Increase the amount of open-ended questioning throughout center time.
- Decrease the amount of subjected centered questions.
- Increase the amount of person centered and process centered questions.
- Try not to “Show and Tell”
- Know where you children are in the stages of play and try to move them towards collaborative play.
- Increase collaboration by encouraging children to work in pairs during centers.
- Increase reflection for children- give them opportunities to discuss what they did in centers with their peer (talk about what they do).
- Increase connections to children’s families/ home contexts during center time.
- Set the stage in each center- have a problem for them to solve together.
- Move materials rather than children